Saturday, July 20, 2013

Because GOD hasn't given up

To my friends dealing with physical disabilities or ailments, I write as one who has lived with severe-profound deafness in both ears for over 40 years, along with speech difficulties and several years of dizzy spells. I faced much uncertainty in junior college, during national service, in university, as a young working adult, when I first started a family, and now. Nonetheless, I am extremely thankful for the journey GOD has brought me on, for friends and loved ones He has surrounded me with. I write this to encourage you whom GOD and I dearly love, to press on despite the challenges you face, because it is well worth the effort.


DON'T GIVE UP, BECAUSE GOD HASN'T


While others party away and are seemingly living it up

Every step for you is heavy

What seem like a breeze for others

Wear you out before the day is over


At every juncture you consider your options

Which aren't too many, you reckon

"Life has dealt with me harshly", you think

What hope or relief does tomorrow bring?


Dear Friend


Our paths are tougher but more interesting

We learn and appreciate more than others whose lives are plain-sailing

We appreciate those in our life who truly care

We may not have many friends but those we have are really gems


Because you're on a cross-country run, not a treadmill

Life at its best is not one without stress

You may fall, get bruised, or even lose your way

What matters is that you finish your race at the end of the day


You're on a path less trodden

Not because you're a child of a lesser god

When all seems overwhelming and you feel like giving up

Don't, because GOD hasn't.

No comments: