Friday, June 28, 2013

Testimony - 23 Jun 2013

23 Jun 2013, Sunday

We almost died.

I was driving my family back from Veron's birthday celebration, when I suddenly felt dizzy. Everything around me seemed to be spinning like a huge merry-go-round, albeit much faster.

We had just exited the highway, and were 4 junctions away from home. Ordinarily, this stretch home would have taken no more than 5 mins. I had to stop the car somewhere, as I couldn't keep my eyes open for more than a few seconds. I saw a little waiting bay by the shoulder of the road just a little ahead.

Miracle No. 1 - The waiting bay.

I remember seeing this bay a few weeks ago. There was a serious traffic accident then, and a car wreck was moved to this bay at that time.

Seeing that the bay was clear with almost no traffic around me, I swerved into the bay & parked the car. Here's when Veron & the girls prayed for me. After about 2 mins, I opened my eyes. My vision was still spinning, but I drove on, slowly. Although I could only keep my eyes open a few seconds at a time, I managed to keep going until the last junction, which was just about 100m away from home. Here I had to turn right, make a U-turn after 10m, followed by a sharp left turn after about 3m.

Under normal circumstances, this would even have been fun. I know a few occasions when the girls laughed as the car turned here and there like a Universal Studio ride, and I felt like Indiana Jones.

This time, I could not even drive straight properly, let alone negotiate such bends. I wondered how I could do this. I prayed for strength.

Miracle No. 2 - Tackling the bends.

When the traffic light turned green, I waited for the traffic to clear before making a slow right turn. Traffic was light on my side of the road as well as the opposite side. At the U-turn, I turned slowly, then negotiated the sharp left turn. Yes! We made it & I eased the car into the loading bay at our block! There was such an awesome sense of relief. For what seemed like eternity, I was driving with my eyes mostly closed or unfocused, and now, we're back safe. Praise the Lord!

With my vision still spinning, I know I couldn't make another 5 or 6 turns up the multi-story car park and park the car. We called my father-in-law & he promptly came down & took over the car.

I thank God for His protection & intervention throughout this incident. I could have crashed the car at any point, driving the way I did, without His divine and faithful protection. Indeed, God is awesome. We are alive because our God is. Hallelujah!

No comments: