Monday, January 14, 2013

The Grace To Go On

Death awakens us to our temporal existence in this world.
The days of our lives are seventy years; and if by reason of strength they are eighty years, yet their boast is only labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Psalm 90:10 NKJV.
 
So how then shall we live?
So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12 NKJV.
 
Come back, GOD - how long do we have to wait? - and treat your servants with kindness for a change.
Surprise us with love at daybreak; then we'll skip and dance all the day long.
Make up for the bad times with some good times; we've seen enough evil to last a lifetime. Psalm 90:13-15 The Message.
 
Let Your work appear to Your servants, and Your glory to their children.
And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:16-17 NKJV.
 
Consider God. The God who loves you. Bring your supplications before Him, pour out your heart to Him. It hurts Him as much as it hurts you.
But someday the pain will go away. Someday the hurting will stop.
 
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Revelation 21:4 NKJV.
 
Until then, God says, "My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness". Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size - abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 The Message.
 
 
 
Sv    ".+
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: