Sunday, November 16, 2014

As It Should Be

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you, I go to prepare a place for you. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. "And where I go you know, and the way you know." John 14:1-4 NKJV.
 

Stephen the Martyr

But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!" Acts 7:55-56 NKJV.

And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not charge them with this sin." And when he had said this, he fell asleep. Acts 7:59-60 NKJV.

In the face of death, he saw his Lord. An unspeakable joy and confidence of having fought the good fight and finishing the race. As Jesus came to receive him unto Himself, it was all worth it. The earthly journey that brought him face to face with his Saviour; and in whom he would enter into eternity with.

 

".+

 

No comments: